Friday, May 01, 2009

 

The Sitch


All right, Prayer Warriors! Start your engines!!!

I'm spending the day today at Annapolis Hospital in Wayne. (As a matter of fact, I'm typing this right now from the Surgical Waiting Room.) No, it's not me that's going under the knife.

I'm afraid Mom is one who'll be going under the knife today.

Here's what's happening - About a week ago, Mom took a bad fall while out for dinner with my Dad and Uncle Jim. She broke her arm in two places right above the wrist. After a few days at home with a temporary cast, she finally got the word that the type of break that she has can't be set. It's going to require surgery and the insertion of a plate to allow the bones to heal normally.

So, here I am. I'm expecting to be here for most, if not all of the day. Mom's back being prepped right now. I'll get to see her briefly before the operation.

Dad is home alone, and that's another exciting adventure in itself. Rita is going to be keeping an eye on things there and helping him out if he needs it.

Here're our prayer requests:

- The operation to set Mom's broken bones will go without problems
- Comfort for Mom after the surgery
- Quick restoration of the bones in her wrist and no problems with her getting the use of her hand back
- Protection for my Dad today as he stays at home alone waiting for word on how Mom's doing
- Provision for the care of my both Mom and Dad in the days to come
- Protection for my Aunt Fran as she travels downstate to spend a few days providing in home care for my folks
- And while we're at it, A HUGE THANK YOU to the Lord for providing help in the person of Aunt Fran. This is not the first time she has been an angel of mercy to my folks. She is very caring and very generous to take time out to come and serve so selflessly. I truly do thank the Lord for her. Please join me in a prayer of gratitude.

Comments:
Tim,

I think you already know that your mom and dad are in my thoughts and prayers. I will check in later today to see how the surgery went.

If you guys need anything this weekend, just call me.
 
Praying Tim!
 
Thanks both of you for praying!!!! As you can see from the entry after this one, the prayers were answered!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter