Friday, May 01, 2009

 

Blessed Are You, The Lord My God


In case anyone reading this is in doubt, let me clear it up for you - GOD IS GOOD!!!

By His very nature, He is good. He doesn't have to do anything to prove that He is good. But when He favors us by giving us what we ask for, it is only right that we proclaim it to the world.

So, let me say that..... GOD IS GOOD!!!

Mom was taken into surgery at 7:30 this morning. I hunkered down in the waiting room for the long haul. I had brought lots to do. There was a wifi hotspot, so one of the first things on my todo list was to update my blog. I then answered some e-mails.

Then, a funny thing happened.

I was called up to the front desk. There, an attendant waited to take me back to the Recovery Room.

The Recovery Room?

It was around 8:30. An hour? What was going on?

I was then informed that the surgery was over. Actually, that's not right. It had been canceled. The doctor had been able to set both of the broken bones in Mom's arm from the outside. No surgery had been necessary. Another hour or so in recovery, and we were on our way home.

I'm typing this entry from my parent's bedroom. I'll be here today, tonight, and a good portion of tomorrow until my brother comes to relieve me.

The prayers of the saints are still very much appreciated as the next few days will present some challenges. But nothing compared to what they would have been if the surgery had taken place.

A very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been praying for us this morning. My friends, I can't express it on my blog. You are loved. I appreciate you all.

And thanks be to Almighty God, who has once again shown that He loves his children and delights in blessing them. Father, I love you and thank you.

Comments:
AWESOME! Good News!!
 
God is good? really then we must be messed up.
 
Yes and yes.

But in the blood of Christ, we can be restored and no longer messed up.
 
Thank GOD for that! I am one screwed up person! I am so blessed that Jesus did what he did or I would be in some BIG trouble!
 
Oh praise God!!! He is AWESOME! I wish I'd seen this sooner! I will continue to pray for quick healing and protection on your parents, Tim.

BTW, we just discovered this weekend you know Jim and Phylis. Um, yea, they go to our [home] church. How cool is that?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter