Thursday, April 16, 2009

 

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!


I was working on my latest entry about our new dog when my cell phone rang. It was a call from home. Nathanael was calling to tell me that the Humane Society left a message on our answering machine.

JENNY IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!

Not only that, but she has a new home! One of the workers at the Humane Society adopted her. I don't have any other details right now, but we're going to be calling up there either today or tomorrow to find out more details.

Surprisingly, I can't help feeling a bit conflicted about this. Did we give up on her too soon? I miss her so much, but now she's no longer mine. However, we did give her up. We had the choice about taking her on, and we decided not to. We didn't take the chance. How can I resent someone else who decided to take that chance on her?

But those feelings pale in comparison to my overwhelming joy at the news! MY GIRL is alive and has a home! Thank you, Lord. You heard my prayer. I may not get to be her owner, but someone's loving her and taking care of her!

WHAT A BLESSING!

Comments:
Amazing!!!! Unbelievable! When I first read that someone else adopted her, I felt so bad, because that has to be strange hearing someone else now has your dog. At the same time, like you said, Praise God she is alive and will have a loving home! :)

How are your kids doing with it?
 
I haven't been home yet to discuss this turn of events with the kids. I can't wait. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing all the details from the Humane Society. It was soooooo nice of them to call.

I'm praying for another miracle now. I'm asking God to just let me see Jenny one more time!!!! To visit with her!
 
Amazing news!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter