Thursday, July 24, 2008

 

Two New Questions


Signs of the times, but I still find them surprising and a bit unsettling.

Yesterday, when I gave blood at the Red Cross, they asked me a brand new question. Actually, it was a new version of an old question -

"What gender were you when you were born?"

I stared at the nurse blankly for a few seconds. I didn't know what to say. She finally prompted me, "Male...?" Yes, I said. I was born a male. And as near as I can tell, it's been a lifelong habit.

Also, Isaac had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Since it's been a long time since his last visit and he's at a different stage of life now, he had to answer a ton of questions. He shared one of them with me later that evening at church -

"Are you attracted to boys, girls, or both?"

Political correctness grows with no end in sight.

- Posted using Pocket Watch Software Mobile GBlogger.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter