Saturday, September 08, 2007

 

Vacation Days 7 and 8 - Ups and Downs


As I mentioned yesterday, we journeyed to Borne Mountain Resort in order to spend about 5 hours at the water park there. We had an absolute blast. Rita and I took turns watching Aidan and Christopher in the kiddie pool. Both of them were willing to try some of the bigger rides, but they mainly stuck to the less intimidating portions of the park. For my part, I hung out with the older kids a lot. We had a lot of fun playing on a log in the biggest pool. Isaac and I went on some slides together, and Nathanael and I did some racing. It was really nice watching the kids kind of pair off and go in their own directions. Except for the littlest ones, they didn't really need us watching them every second.

Man, were we tired when we got home. And we were sore. Well, okay - I was sore. Motrin is a beautiful thing.

Today, we're sticking close to the lake house and relaxing. We took a walk down by the lake, but that's about it. Right at this moment, I'm typing this while I'm watching my beloved Wolverines getting destroyed by Oregon.

Ouch! Well, vacation can't be all fun!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter