Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Trials of the Century


Sorry for the sounds of silence lately. The last week or two have been an emotional rollercoaster and a flurry of activities that have preoccupied me. Among the issues that have distracted me have been:

1) Olivia went through tech week and performances in Ever After Productions' version of Disney's Aladdin. She was a member of a couple of choruses in the show, and she did her usual great job. Rita and I took turns volunteering backstage during rehearsals and performances, and we also attended the Saturday evening performance. It was a wonderful show and very well received by the audience. All the kids did well, and special kudos go to Ramon Razo, who played Genie. He was genuinely amusing, and a lot of his ad libs were laugh out loud funny. He gets special congratulations for carrying off the part in the shadow of Robin Williams, a tough act to follow.

I regret that I wasn't in the audience or backstage for the performance when Aladdin and Jasmine fell off of the magic carpet during "A Whole New World." I understand that they had to run to catch it and then had to jump back on.

2) For the first time since December, I had a rough week in terms of my future at Ford. Although I've been feeling a great peace about my positon at the company, some anxiety and fear crept back in a few days ago. I'm happy to report that peace has been restored, and some recent developments in this area have been very encouraging. More on this in a later post.

3) Removed for privacy considerations.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter