Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Daddy Daughter Dancing


Last night, Olivia and I attended the annual Daddy Daughter Dance at the Wayne Recreation Center. I was surprised that they would have it right on Valentine's Day, forcing the Dads to choose between their daughters and their wives. However, because I am married to the coolest lady in the world and Rita and I have never made a big stink about Valentine's Day anyway, there were no worries.

The dance was sold out, meaning that there were 115 girls and almost that many Dads in attendance. It was very nice. Right after we showed up, we got our picture snapped. (I have to keep reminding myself that the camera adds at least 20 pounds to you in every picture. It used to be only 10 pounds, but as I've gotten older, it seems that the amount added keeps going up. Funny how that works.) Then we went inside for an hour and a half of square dancing, the bunny hop, and that classic favorite, the chicken dance. Two intermissions were offered during the night, and the volunteers plied us with Sprite and sugar cookies to send our energy levels soaring.

Here's a picture of my lovely date for the evening:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter