Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Finally - The Follow Up


I've tried to post on this a couple of times, but for some reason my stuff isn't going through. I don't know why, and I don't have archived copies of what I said.

In the interests of rehashing something that's been on my mind for days now, I'll keep it brief -

I did get a buyout offer. As expected.

I was "strongly encouraged" to take the offer. (Not just to "consider" taking it.)

It was very upsetting. It shook me up more than I thought it would.

I've spent my time since Monday fluxuating between brief periods of excitement over the fact that I could pocket a load of cash and find another job relatively quickly in some other, more exciting place and somewhat longer periods of upset, depression, and (let's face it) fear over what this will mean to my life, career, and family.

These feelings continued with little interruption until right after work yesterday, when I was suddenly the recipient of that "peace that passeth all understanding." To be sure, I'm still quaking a bit, but God is over all things. He'll take care of this, too.

I think I know what I'm going to do, but I have 45 days from Monday to make it final. PLEASE pray for me that I would be wise. Prayers for a turnaround at Ford would be appreciated, too!


Comments:
Praying for the Lords Wisdom in your life.
Jackie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter