Saturday, August 05, 2006

 

I'm Sick and Tired.....


...of being sick and tired.

Actually, I can't claim that the word "sick" currently applies to me. It does, however, apply to several other people in my household. It started with Philip last weekend, who caught a stomach bug. Yuck. He passed it to Aidan, who still has it. (Trust me. He has it. And believe me, you don't want me to blog about what's coming out of him that proves it.) Rita and Olivia left this weekend to go to Higgins Lake for some quality time alone. On the trip up, they both started puking. Apparently, they were barfing all night last night and didn't get any sleep. (Now that's quality Mother/Daughter time.) Rita called today to tell me that Country Time lemonade in cans has provided them with some relief. With Isaac away at a Young Marines encampment in Ohio, I'm here with four boys, one of whom is introducing me to interesting new smells that I didn't know existed.

No, I'm not sick. But I am pretty darned bushed. Oh well, as a former pastor of mine once said, "Sleep is for the weak!"

By the by, I spoke to Mom earlier today, and she sounds great. Aunt Fran is at their house and will stay for several days. (Thank God!) They went out to eat again, and Mom seemed to tolerate it better. Monday is the surgery to install her shunt for chemo. Please pray that that goes well. I'll post something here to let everyone know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter