Monday, August 21, 2006

 

Evening Update


As I type this entry, I'm sitting in the dance studio at the Village Theater in Canton listening to a group of adopting actors audition their guts out for this Fall's performance of Aladdin. Liv of still waiting her turn, so I'm parked in here listening to some kids I know from previous productions and others I've never seen before. A few are really cute, some of those are genuinely talented, and must are really not good at all. God bless them. I remember the audition days quite well. The stress, the hope, the fear, the disappointment, the joy, etc. I wish they could all get parts.

On my way over here, I called my parents. Mom was asleep. Out cold from the chemo and the drugs she was given to relax her swing the infusion. (The impression I got from Dad of that she was quite anxious by time she made it to the doctor's office.) Dad was thinking of waking her up to find out if she was interested on eating. I advised him to let her sleep. So far, she's had no nausea, thank God.

I'm calling back later to see if I can catch her awake. More on that and the audition later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter