Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Living With Mom's Cancer - Day 4


Everything is continuing better than we would expect. I can only conclude that this is a direct blessing from the Lord. Thank you, God. To you goes the glory.

Last evening, Rita took the three oldest children to visit Mom, and they found her in excellent shape. She looked marvelous. They had a great time seeing Grandma. Rita emptied her drains and checked the dressing on her incisions. The pain medication she's been given appears to be effective in making her reasonably comfortable.

So far, I have not been asked to do anything out of the ordinary since driving her home from the hospital on Thursday. I had thought I was going to be involved daily with caring for her. But nothing's been necessary. Not even any opportunities to run to the store or bring them food. This is a testimony to the work my Aunt Fran is doing there. Thanks, Fran, for being so generous with your time and efforts, and thank you, God, for blessing our family with such a loving, caring woman.

Today, Rita's at a funeral in her home town of Marine City. (My brother-in-law's father-in-law passed away earlier this week.) That leaves me at home watching over the Butler Bunch. Yippppeeeee! I'm determined that I'm going to hold things together here and not have a big pile of mess for Rita to clean up when she gets home. So, I'm going to be straightening the house, doing the dishes, doing the laundry, cleaning the kids, changing the diapers, doing more dishes, feeding everyone (Hot N Readys - HERE I COME! Pizza for everyone!), etc. etc. etc.

To be honest, being a home body today sounds wonderful. Maybe even a bit relaxing.

Sigh.

Ooopps. Aidan just walked by, smelling as fresh and as wonderful as a daisy.

Growing at the city dump.

Time to change my first diaper.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter