Friday, July 21, 2006

 

Living With Mom's Cancer - Day 10


The God of miracles continues to shine His love and grace on us. I can't see any other explanation for how things are going and I'm not inclined to look for one.

I finally got a chance to go over and see Mom around 12:30 PM during my lunch hour. I could not believe my eyes. Here was a woman who, just over 12 hours before, had come out of surgery to have a portion of her body removed. She was sitting up in bed with her feet crossed at the ankles and reading a book about surviving breast cancer. She looked, talked, and acted perfectly normal. She said that she was comfortable and well rested. The staff has been treating her like a queen, and she's feeling much better about being at Oakwood than she was the last time. She was in excellent spirits.

Here's the best news of all - Dr. Israel was so pleased with her progress that he said she's be able to go home tomorrow. Although I think she's a little sad to leave a place that she's being so well cared for, we agreed that it would be good to have her back home.

Before I left, we joined together in a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord. I hoped you've thanked Him as well and will continue to thank Him in the coming days for what He's doing.

I tell you. That God of ours. He's a good guy.

Comments:
Wooo hoooo!! So glad to hear she is doing great!! Thank you Jesus!! He's a great guy!! :) I'm just so happy! Thanks for keeping us updated Tim!
Christin
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter