Friday, July 21, 2006

 

Final Update on Last Night's Surgery


We were with Mom in her room until about midnight last night. We were all so very pleased with her condition after the surgery. Of course, she was weak and a bit out of it, but she was awake, aware, and able to talk. She looked so much better than she had after the first surgery last week. She even gave me a few "thumbs up" signs. Her most enthusiastic response came after I congratulated her on being cancer free. She smiled wide and gave me a very energetic thumbs up sign. We were also very pleased with the quality of her care. Despite what we had been told, she landed in a private room, and when she pushed the call button to ask for some ice chips, the nurse came right away. Thank God for His blessings.

I arrived at my office this morning at about 9:00 AM, and just as I was sitting down to start my day, my cell phone rang. It was Mom calling from the hospital. She's feeling great today. She sounded just like her normal self on the phone. She told me that the staff was keeping her medicated and comfortable, and she had just finished up her breakfast. (She ate everything!)

God is definitely making the way straight and calming the storms. What a loving Father we have.

I'll keep posting at least once a day with an update. Check back to see how Mom's doing. Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter